Please note, your browser is out of date.
For a good browsing experience we recommend using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.

Cork Challenge Barcelona receives applications from 23 countries


Amorim Cork Ventures has already launched the ‘Cork Challenge Barcelona’, an international business accelerator, designed in partnership with Beta-i, which has already received a high number of applications, well above the initial forecasts.

This programme, which is taking place in Barcelona and runs until December 2016, comprises an eight-week business acceleration process.

Initially, around 70 applications were identified as a benchmark of success, but in fact 93 start-ups responded to the challenge and applied to this Cork Challenge, which proves the interest that cork currently engenders amongst different audiences and the relevance of having implemented the programme in Barcelona.

Amongst the total applications, 35% were from Portugal, and the remaining 65% from 23 different countries, as far away as Argentina, Brazil, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Singapore, Sweden or the Philippines, in addition to more natural markets, such as Spain, France or Italy.